Rev Dr Brian T.
started this petition to
Parliament House CANBERRA ACT 2600
To the Honourable, the Speaker and Members of Australian Federal Parliament. This petition of certain citizens of Australia notes that:
It is time that there was an investigation into the activities of the Family Court of Australia involving children and the abuse of children, bearing in mind that:
• Judges are merely experts in the law but make major decisions about children’s safety and lives and lack expertise in this field. They rely on the advice of Independent Children’s Solicitors who have basic degrees in law and usually avoid contact with the children whose best interests they supposedly represent.
• Judges take advice from court appointed clinicians who are not usually professionally qualified in child development or child abuse.
• Judges are knowingly placing children into the care of abusing parents or guardians with little forethought as to the ramifications of their actions, and thus failing their duty of care as civil servants of the crown.
• Judges violate the constitutional rights of parents before ‘Due Process’ proceedings and our constitutional principle of innocent until proven guilty are determined.
• The current legal framework has proven incapable of addressing the ongoing corruption and sexual abuse of children.
• There is a plethora of evidence to suggest that the Family Court of Australia failed in its duty of care and to take steps to protect children within its jurisdiction.
• An investigation as part of a wider Royal Commission is urgently required to thoroughly and meticulously investigate the activities of the Family Court of Australia and is of considerable significance to the citizens of the Commonwealth of Australia.