By continuing you accept Avaaz's Privacy Policy which explains how your data can be used and how it is secured.
Got it
We use cookies to analyse how visitors use this website and to help us provide you the best possible experience. View our Cookie Policy.
OK
Put a STOP to Water Fluoridation in the Republic of Ireland

Put a STOP to Water Fluoridation in the Republic of Ireland

78 have signed. Let's get to  100
78 Supporters

Close

Complete your signature

,
By continuing you agree to receive Avaaz emails. Our Privacy Policy will protect your data and explains how it can be used. You can unsubscribe at any time.
This petition has been created by Damien Mc H. and may not represent the views of the Avaaz community.
Damien Mc H.
started this petition to
Dr. James Reilly TD (Minister for Health)

PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND SIGN THAT PETITION ALSO: https://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/cessation_of_fluoridation_of_Irish_public_water/


Fluoride, also called hydrofluorosilicic acid has been put in tap water since the 1960's. It is the only chemical added to our tap water, not to treat the water, but to treat human health (our teeth), and current proven research shows that it is actually a detriment to human health.
-
Water fluoridation was known, from the start, to cause dental fluorosis in at least 10% of children exposed to it. Dental fluorosis is irreversible tooth enamel damage for life. According to the Department of Health report, Forum on Fluoridation Ireland 2002, "Roughly 50% of an absorbed amount of fluoride will be excreted in the urine during the following 24 hours and most of the remainder will become associated with calcified tissue (bones and teeth)."

Among the agents listed on page 192 of the report by the Department of Health are Arsenic, Mercury, Chromium, Lead, Nickel, Silicon, Fluoride (Hydro Fluoro Silicic Acid – H2SiF6). Currently, 71% of the public water supplies in the Republic of Ireland contain these agents. The agent, Hydro Fluoro Silicic Acid (H2SiF6), in water fluoridation is a listed poison under Irish Poisons Act 1982, First Schedule, Part 11 (SI 188).

Most of Europe does not fluoridate its drinking water for health, legal and environmental reasons.
-
When fluoride was first introduced into tap water, its effects were not thoroughly studied or known, but over the many years, advanced scientific research has proven time and time again that ingesting fluoride can cause many health problems, including but not limited to the following:
• dental fluorosis
• bone fluorosis
• cancer
• lowered IQ
• thyroid problems
• pineal gland calcification
• liver damage
• DNA damage
• protein destruction
• Alzheimer's and many other ailments

The Irish environment has been flooded with toxic fluorides from water fluoridation since 1964. Only 1% of water usage is drinking. The remaining 99% is also fluoridated and this seeps out into the rivers, lakes and groundwater affecting the delicate ecosystem for over forty years. Overdosing has been noted by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) in many areas in Ireland in their Water Quality Reports.

WATER is the most important necessity for life.

Why does our government continue to add this unnecessary chemical to our drinking water?

Please consider signing this e-Petition for cessation of water fluoridation in the Republic of Ireland and pass it onto your network of friends and family to sign as well.