Marte Deborah Dalelv was released on Monday, July 22nd.
We are amazed by the massive support for releasing Marte. Each and all of us have been instrumental in securing this happy ending. We are proud of the Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Espen Barth Eide, for his active personal commitment and engagement to release Marte.
It has been reported that her rapist was also pardoned. We find this disgraceful. Let’s not forget that this still happens to women in many countries and let’s keep up the fight for human rights.
Read more here: http://www.pfchange.org/2013/07/22/marte-deborah-dalelv-released/
Follow Partnership for Change on http://www.pfchange.org for more news and updates.
Marte Deborah Dalelv has been pardoned! Congratulations to all of you that have made an effort to #ReleaseMarte.
Ingrid Stange, founder of Partnership for Change: "We are amazed by the massive support for releasing Marte. Each and all of us have been instrumental in securing this happy ending.
We are proud of the Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Espen Barth
Eide, for his active personal commitment and engagement to release
Let's not forget that this still happens to women in many countries and let's keep up the fight for human rights."
Read more here: http://bit.ly/16UpZcu
24 year old Marte Deborah Dalelv from Norway was raped in Dubai. She did what any reasonable person might do: she went to the police. Instead of getting the help she needed, she was put on trial. Her crime was being the victim of rape. She has now been convicted of having sex outside of marriage and sentenced to 16 month in prison - in Dubai.
We request that the government of Dubai set Marte free
Join the Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/477027689055264/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/releasemarte
How to put more pressure on the different decision makers:
1. Sign the petition for the Norwegian government and share it with your network: http://www.underskrift.no/vis.asp?kampanje=4738
Join this Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/477027689055264/3.
Put pressure on https://www.facebook.com/DubaieGovernment (Government of Dubai), https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ministry-of-Justice-UAE/159688337456411(Ministry of Justice in Dubai), https://www.facebook.com/jensstoltenberg (Prime Minister of Norway) and https://www.facebook.com/ernasolberg (Probably the Next Prime Minister of Norway), https://www.facebook.com/Utenriksdepartementet (Foregin Affairs Norway).
4. Us the Twitter Hashtag #ReleaseMarte and put pressure on @DubaieGov (Government of Dubai), @Dubai_DTCM (Dubai's department of Tourism), @MOJ_UAE (Ministry of Justice in Dubai), @jensstoltenberg and @Statsmin_kontor (Prime Minister of Norway), @erna_solberg (Probably the Next Prime Minister of Norway), @EspenBarthEide (Minister of Foreign Affairs - Norway) and @jonasgahrstore (Former Minister of Foreign Affairs - Norway) @Utenriksdept (Foregin Affairs Norway)
@DXBMediaOffice + @DubaiPoliceHQ
#ReleaseMarte (and change the laws!) or we will #BoycottDubai @Dubai_DTCM @DubaieGov @DXBMediaOffice @DubaiPoliceHQ @HHShkMohd @MOJ_UAE
5. Put pressure on Dubai and Norway by sending emails (or call) about your concern, disgust and/or demand to:
Government of Dubai:
Ministry of Justice in Dubai
Tel: +971 2 6921000
MOJ Chamber - Dubai
Tel: +971 4 2312000
Federal Supreme Court
Tel: +971 2 6937456
Abu Dhabi Federal Appeal Court
Tel: +971 2 4448595
Abu Dhabi Federal First Instance Court
Tel: +971 2 4447982
Sharjah Sharia First Instance Court
Tel: +971 6 5024100
Dubai's department of Tourism
Prime Minister of Norway's office:
Minister of Foreign Affairs in Norway:
Call: +47 23 95 00 00
6. Billionaire Wissam Al Mana, husband of famous
popstar Janet Jackson, signed the letter of resignation for Marte Dalelv
(24) after she reported being raped in Dubai. She worked at Almana Interiors.
Put pressure on: @JanetJackson @WissamAlManaRP @almanainteriors with the hashtag #ReleaseMarte
7. Put pressure on His Highness Sheikh Mohammed who is Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai: https://www.facebook.com/HHSheikhMohammed - @HHShkMohd and http://sheikhmohammed.ae/ #ReleaseMarte now!
8. Join this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/releasemartedeborahdalelv/
9. We need help with acquiring emails and phone numbers of officials and employees in the government of Dubai. If you have any please leave a comment on our facebook page and let's put some pressure on them to #ReleaseMarte
Government of Dubai:
Dubai's department of Tourism: http://visiting.definitelydubai.com/contact-us
Human rights in Dubai:
Ministry of Justice
Dubai Foundation for Women and Children
UAE Human Rights Association