started this petition to
The Member States of the United Nations
Israel has, for the last 60 years, consistently breached international laws:
1. Occupation of land in Palestine using military force, and claiming sovereignty over it, contrary to U.N. Charter, Article 2(4) & 51 (1945); Declaration on Principles of International Law Concerning Friendly Relations…, Principle 1 (1970);
2. Settling on Palestinian land, contrary to Geneva Conventions IV, Article 49(6) (1949);
3. Ethnic cleansing of Palestinians, contrary to Geneva Convention IV, Articles 45, 46 & 49 (1949), UN resolutions 194 (III) (General Assembly; 1948) & 237 (Security Council; 1967);
4. Apartheid via a legalised system of discrimination against Palestininan Arabs, contrary to International Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid (1976);
5. Mass violations of the human rights of the Palestininan people, contrary to U.N. Charter, Article 1 (1945); Declaration on Principles of International Law Concerning Friendly Relations…, Principle 5 (1970)
6. Collective punishment against entire Palestininan communities, contrary to Geneva Conventions IV, Article 33 (1949); Geneva Conventions (Protocol I), Article 75(2d) (1977);
7. Transformation of local laws by replacing Arab government functions and personnel in Israeli controlled areas with oppressive Israeli military committees, contrary to Hague Regulations IV, Article 43 (1907);
8. Repeated violation of UN Security Council resolutions, contrary to s U.N.
Charter, Article 25 (1945) (for example, 54, 111, 233, 234, 236, 248, 250, 252, 256, 262, 267, 270, 280, 285, 298, 313, 316, 468, 476);
9. Construction of a walled separation barrier in Palestine, contrary to an advisory opinion of the International Court of Justice in 2004 (http://www.icj-cij.org/docket/index.php?pr=71&code=mwp&p1=3&p2=4&p3=6)
The Security Council of the United Nations (“UNSC”) owes a duty to the world to investigate threats to, and violations of, international peace and security and bring about their resolution using any means necessary. The UNSC is empowered by the Charter of the United Nations (the “Charter”), to create peace-keeping operations, establish economic sanctions and authorise military intervention, through the passing of resolutions, in order to maintain international peace and security. The resolutions passed by the UNSC are binding on the Member States of the United Nations (the “Member States”).
In the event that the UNSC does not fulfill its duty to maintain international security by being unable to decide how to act, unable to agree how to act, or simply failing to act, then the Member States in the form of the United Nations General Assembly (the “General Assembly”) are required to request, within 24 hours, by a majority vote of the Member States, an "Emergency Special Session" of the General Assembly, in order to immediately address the threats to international security.
As the voting power of each member of the General Assembly is equal, only a majority of the votes is needed here in order to pass a resolution which the Security Council would be very obliged, in the face of international political scrutiny, to heed.
WE, THE POPULATION OF THE WORLD, MUST APPEAL TO OUR GOVERNMENTS TO REQUEST THIS EMERGENCY SPECIAL SESSION AND DEMAND THAT THE SECURITY COUNCIL IMPOSES AN ARMS EMBARGO, ECONOMIC SANCTIONS AND MILITARY FORCE, AGAINST ISRAEL, TO STOP ITS CONTINUED BREACHES OF INTERNATIONAL LAW AND ILLEGAL WAR AGAINST THE INNOCENT PEOPLE OF PALESTINE!!! THIS IS NO DIFFERENT TO SOUTH AFRICAN APARTHEID!!! THE UNITED NATIONS TOOK ACTION THEN, IT NEEDS TO DO THE SAME NOW!!!